Eureka Whirlwind NEN110A Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Eureka Whirlwind NEN110A is bagless, corded canister vacuum cleaner. It is very affordable, entry level, lightweight vacuum cleaner, intended for smaller homes and apartments.
Eureka Whirlwind NEN110A is suitable for bare floors and low- and medium-pile carpets, and for vacuuming elevated surfaces, too.
Published: March 23, 2019.
Eureka Whirlwind NEN110A weighs only 8.29 pounds (~3.76 kg) and can be easily carried around even by single hand. During vacuuming most of the unit's weight is on the floor, helping the user to quickly and easily vacuum large(r) area.
Unit's controls are rather simple and easily accessible:
- Power On/Off switch is on the canister and is operated by foot - very helpful not only for people with back issues,
- Automatic Cord Rewind button is also on the canister and is also operated by foot,
- suction control valve is on the handle, allowing the user to quickly adjust suction according to the vacuumed surface,
- main cleaner head floor selector is low on the main nozzle, but it is also operated by foot,
- telescopic metal wand features adjustable length, with the control button easily accessible.
Power cord is 16 feet (~4.9 m) long and personally, it could be longer. However, this is a canister vacuum cleaner with flexible cleaning hose and telescopic wand, greatly increasing the cleaning reach and allowing the user to clean both floors and elevated surfaces.
Physical dimensions are 14.2 x 12.2 x 9.7 inches (~36 x 31 x 24.7 cm).
Main cleaner head features floor selector with two settings:
- Hard Floor Mode: bristles are extended and as the cleaner head glides over the floor, bristles agitate the dust, pet hair and other dirt, which is than picked off into the vacuum by relatively strong suction.
- Carpet Mode: bristles are not extended and entire unit's suction is used to pull out the dirt off the carpeted areas. In this mode Eureka Whirlwind NEN110A does a good job, but since it lacks motorized brushroll, its ability to pick up pet and human hair, lint and fibers from medium- and high-pile carpets and thick rugs is limited.
Main cleaner head features swivel mechanism, allowing it to easily maneuver around the floor objects and obstacles. Also, it has very low profile and is able to clean under beds, sofas, furniture etc.
However, it doesn't come with LED headlights, which can be very helpful when vacuuming in low light conditions, like under the beds.
Note: Eureka Whirlwind NEN110A is simple to use canister vacuum cleaner, but before the very first use, don't forget to read the manual thoroughly.
For cleaning elevated surfaces Eureka Whirlwind NEN110A comes with integrated 2-in-1 cleaning tool:
- Crevice Tool is designed for vacuuming narrow areas and piles of dirt from stairs, beds, sofas, furniture etc.
- Brush Tool is intended for vacuuming dust and fine dirt from elevated surfaces, but also from floors (corners and edges, for example).
Note that all connections feature locking mechanism which keeps the parts firmly connected.
Dirt cup is transparent, allowing the user to see the type and amount of vacuumed dirt. Dirt cup capacity is respectable 2.6 liters, allowing the user to vacuum even heavily soiled floors without the need to empty the dirt cup before the task is done.
Dirt cup features bottom emptying system, enabling the user to empty the dirt cup directly into the trash can.
Air filtration is based on the cyclonic dirt-air separation and the washable foam filter. Air filtration is good, but it is obviously not a true HEPA grade.
Depending on the use, the foam filter should be washed every 1-2 months using cold/warm (not hot!!!) water and then dried for 24 hours (or until completely dry).
Never operate the unit without the filter or with moist/wet filter - such operation can damage the unit and void the 1-year limited warranty.
Note: Eureka Whirlwind NEN110A comes with thermal motor protection which turns off the motor when it starts to overheat due to the decreased air flow. If something like that happens, turn off the unit, unplug it and check for blockages and clogs. After that, wait for at least 30 minutes for the thermal switch to reset itself - after that, use the unit as you normally would.
This and other maintenance procedures are explained in the greater details in the manual.
Long Story Short: Eureka Whirlwind NEN110A is very popular, entry level canister vacuum cleaner.
For its price, it offers good suction, versatile cleaning tools, nice reach, low maintenance costs etc. If you are looking for such unit, consider Eureka Whirlwind NEN110A vacuum.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Eureka Whirlwind NEN110A Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner Amazon link (link opens in the new window).