Eureka NEC222 HyperClean Lightweight Cordless Cleaner
Eureka NEC222 HyperClean Lightweight Cordless Cleaner is 2-in-1 convertible vacuum cleaner, designed to be used as lightweight cordless stick vacuum and as strong handheld unit.
Eureka NEC222 HyperClean is powered with power fade-free lithium ion battery, providing up to 30 minutes of operation using normal suction mode. Main cleaner head is designed to be used on both bare and carpeted floors, while additional cleaning tools enable the user to clean various elevated surfaces, hard-to-reach areas, cars, boats, etc.
Published: February 12, 2019.
Eureka NEC222 HyperClean Features and Specifications
Eureka NEC222 HyperClean is powered with 21.6 volts (6 cells) lithium ion, power fade-free battery, large and strong enough to power the unit up to 30 minutes in normal operation mode.
When the battery is fully discharged, it takes up to 5 hours to charge it fully. Also, when the unit arrives, battery is not transported fully charged for safety reasons - when unit arrives, read the manual thoroughly and charge the battery before the very first use for 3-4 hours.
Eureka NEC222 HyperClean maximum power is 220 watts and should be used when cleaning stubborn, hard to remove dirt.
Note: in the Max power mode, battery is discharged more quickly, shortening the operating time. Also, operating time depends on the cleaning tool used.
Eureka NEC222 HyperClean motor features thermal protection system that monitors the motor's temperature and prevents overheating. If the air flow through the unit is limited or fully blocked, thermal protection system shuts off the motor to prevent any damage.
If something like that happen, turn off the unit, remove any blockages or clogs, check the filters, empty the dirt cup and wait for thirty minutes for the thermal system to reset.
Note: for exact procedures, check the manual!
Eureka NEC222 HyperClean in stick vacuum cleaner mode weighs 6.5 pounds (~2.95 kg) and is light enough to be used even by elderly people.
Main cleaner head features low profile, large wheels and swivel mechanism, allowing it to be very maneuverable and reach areas that are inaccessible to large(r) upright vacuums.
Also, main cleaner head features strong LED headlights, helping the user clean in low light conditions, like under beds, sofas, furniture and similar.
In order to help the user vacuum various floors, main cleaner head features motorized brushroll that can be turned off when vacuuming bare floors. Main cleaner head features indicator light that signal the user when there is a problem with the brushroll.
Controls of the unit are positioned on the handle, allowing quick and easy access and control of the unit:
- power button turns the unit 'On' and 'Off' - it is enough to press this button once in order for the unit to operate constantly,
- battery indicator lights allows the user to check the condition of the battery,
- Carpet/Hard floor button and the Floor indicator lights enables the user to set floor mode: in carpet mode, brushroll spins pulling out deeply embedded dust, pet and human hair and other dirt. In bare floor mode, brushroll doesn't rotates, allowing the user to vacuum even delicate floors. Floor indicator lights (bare floor, carpet floor) signal the user current floor mode.
- MAX power button and MAX indicator light enable the user to increase the suction when needed and signal the user that MAX mode is being used - although it is really obvious when the MAX mode is being used due to the stronger suction and louder operation.
Eureka NEC222 HyperClean features transparent dirt cup, allowing the user to see amount of vacuumed dirt.
One of the very interesting features of this model is that the dirt cup can be emptied by emptying the dirt cup using bottom lid, or whole dirt cup can be detached from the unit and emptied directly into the trash can.
Eureka NEC222 HyperClean Air Filtration
Air filtration is combination of cyclonic action and mechanical air filters.
Pre-motor air filter is the combination of mechanical air filter screen that protects other filters from mechanical damage by larger debris. Other pre-motor filters include a combination of foam and fiber filters.
All three air filters (filter screen, foam filter and fiber filter) are washable and should be washed depending on the use - for example - every month.
Before assembling the unit, be sure that the filters are fully dried - it takes up to 24h to air dry them!
Eureka NEC222 HyperClean also features post-motor air filter, which is also washable - it should be washed every 6 months and assembled only after being air dried for at least 24 hours.
Note: never operate Eureka NEC222 HyperClean with wet/moist filters or without the filters at all - it can damage the unit and void the 2-year limited warranty.
Such air filtration system captures 99% of dust and dirt 0.3 microns or larger.
Eureka NEC222 HyperClean Modes Conversion
Transition from the stick vacuum to handheld vacuum and back is quick and easy.
Main cleaner head can be released from the cleaning wand by the foot pedal.
Additional cleaning tools can be connected to the cleaning wand for cleaning elevated surfaces up to the ceiling or directly to the handheld part for fine detailing.
What's in the Box?
When Eureka NEC222 HyperClean arrives, the box contain handheld unit, main cleaner head, additional cleaning tools, cleaning wand, charger, air filters, wall mount and manual/instructions.
Note: again, before the very first use, be sure to read the manual. Eureka NEC222 HyperClean is not complicated unit to use and maintain, but better safe than sorry :)
Additional cleaning tools include:
- Crevice Tool is designed for cleaning tight and narrow spaces, gaps, corners, edges and similar.
- Dusting Brush features bristles that agitate dust and other small particles, which are than vacuumed by the strong air flow.
Wall mount is used for storing of the cleaning tools and the vacuum itself. Also, it is used for charging the battery by plugging in the charger into power outlet and then into charger port on the vacuum itself.
Cleaning wand is long enough to allow even the 8 feet (~1.83 cm) tall people to vacuum without the bending, although this depends on the numerous other things.
Eureka NEC222 HyperClean vs. Eureka NEC122 PowerPlush
Eureka NEC222 HyperClean and Eureka NEC122 PowerPlush are two very similar units, that differ in several very important details.
Both units are convertible, 2-in-1 units, designed to be used as both stick vacuums and handheld vacuums. Also, they are both cordless, bagless units, featuring washable air filters, transparent dirt cup, same set of additional cleaning tools etc.
Main differences are in color and:
- Eureka NEC122 PowerPlush features main cleaner head with plush brushroll, optimized for vacuuming the bare floors and as such, it can't be turned off. Eureka NEC222 HyperClean features brushroll optimized for carpeted areas that can be turned off on the bare floors,
- Eureka NEC122 PowerPlush doesn't feature LED headlights,
- Eureka NEC122 PowerPlush doesn't feature MAX suction mode,
- Eureka NEC122 PowerPlush is slightly lighter unit (5.3 vs . 6.5 pounds),
- Eureka NEC122 PowerPlush main cleaner head can't be detached by foot,
- Eureka NEC122 PowerPlush is obviously somewhat cheaper vacuum cleaner.
They also differ in few other, but not so important, design details.
Long Story Short: Eureka NEC222 HyperClean is versatile and rather useful convertible vacuum cleaner. It can be used as the main vacuum cleaner in smaller homes and apartments, or as a second vacuum cleaner in large homes and apartments.
Also, it can be used as excellent emergency vacuum cleaner and vacuum cleaner for elderly people.
If you need a good convertible vacuum cleaner for bare floors only and detailed vacuuming around your home, perhaps the Eureka NEC122 PowerPlush is better choice.