Eufy RoboVac 11, RoboVac 11+, RoboVac 11c and RoboVac 11S Robotic Vacuums - Reviews and Comparison
Eufy RoboVac 11, RoboVac 11+, RoboVac 11c and RoboVac 11S Robotic Vacuum cleaners are very popular mid-range robotic vacuum cleaners. They are suitable for cleaning bare floors and low-pile carpets, have good suction and air filtration, have decent size dirt bin and have other, very useful features. Also, they are lightweight units and should they get lost around the house, they are easy to bring back to the charging station. With their low profile, they can clean easily under sofas and beds.
Eufy RoboVac 11 design is improved RoboVac 10, which was one of the most popular robot vacuum cleaners back in 2016.
Eufy RoboVac 11, Eufy RoboVac 11+, Eufy RoboVac 11c and Eufy Robovac 11S Slim are very similar and they share many features. Also, there are certain differences between them, especially latest Eufy RoboVac 11s comes with few very important improvements.
When purchased, different models include:
- Eufy RoboVac 11: Eufy RoboVac 11, remote control (which requires 2 AAA batteries, and they are not included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, high-performance filter, 4 side brushes, welcome guide/manual.
- Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11+: Eufy RoboVac 11+, remote control (which requires 2 AAA batteries, and they are actually included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, extra set of high-performance filters, extra set of side brushes, welcome guide/manual.
- Eufy RoboVac 11c Pet Edition: Eufy RoboVac 11c, remote control (which requires 2 AAA batteries, and they are not included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, high-performance filter, 4 side brushes, welcome guide/manual.
- Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Slim, remote control (2 AAA batteries included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, extra set of high-performance filters, 4 side brushes, 5 cable ties, welcome guide/manual.
All models come with 1 year warranty, which is acceptable in this price range.
Eufy RoboVac 11 can be considered as 'base' model, with 11+, 11c and 11S offering additional features.
Note: Eufy RoboVac 11c Pet Edition is currently offered only on UK official Eufy Life website. Also, Eufy RoboVac 11+ is currently offered only on US official Eufy Life website. But, both units can be found on Amazon.com (where else? :) ). Since Eufy RoboVac vacuums clean pet and human hair, lint, fibers, dust and other debris in very similar fashion, when choosing the right one, check their specifications and features, not just 'names' :) Personally, if you are interested in one of these models, consider Eufy RoboVac 11S or Eufy RoboVac 30, they are newer and improved models.
Main similarities and differences between these models (except RoboVac 11c) are given in the following table. Also, as comparison, Eufy RoboVac 30 is also listed in the Eufy RoboVac comparison table.
|Model||Eufy RoboVac 11||Eufy RoboVac 11+||Eufy RoboVac 11S||Eufy RoboVac 30|
|Maximum Suction||1000 Pa||1000 Pa||1300 Pa||1500 Pa|
|BoostIQ Technology||No||Yes (1st gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||0.55 liters||0.55 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters|
|Noise Level||60 dB||60 dB||55 dB||55 dB|
|Height||3.1 inches||3.1 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches|
|Maximum Climb Height||0.59 inches||0.59 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches|
|Surface Types||Hard floors, low-pile carpets||Hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets||Hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets||Hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets|
|Maximum Cleaning Time||100 min||100 min||100 min||100 min|
|Amazon Link||Eufy RoboVac 11||Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11+||Eufy Boost IQ RoboVac 11S Slim||Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30|
Note: Amazon links open in the new windows, feel free to check them for the latest prices and offers.
For more about Eufy Robovac 30 vacuum, check our Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner article.
Eufy RoboVac 11 models use a 3-Point Cleaning System consisting of the side brushes, a rotating brush and a vacuum suction:
- the side brushes are designed to clean corners and edges, leaving no area uncleaned, at least in theory - they push the dirt and debris from sides toward the center of the unit, where dust, pet hair and other debris get picked up by central rotating brush and vacuum suction.
- a central rotating brush loosens the dirt from the hard floors and carpets, improving the cleaning effect.
- vacuum suction removes the dirt off the floor into the dirt bin.
Maximum suction of all these models varies between 1 kPa (1000 Pa) and 1.5 kPa (1500 Pa), which is far below large home heavy duty vacuums that develop easily 15-20 kPa of suction. However, 1-1.5 kPa of suction in combination with side brushes and central rotating brush does a good job - enough for Eufy RoboVac to be one of the most popular robot vacuums, but not enough to replace regular cleaning with the main vacuum cleaner.
Air filtration is based on three mechanical air filters:
- primary screen: it filters large objects and human and pet hair, protecting foam filter from sharp objects.
- foam filter: it is designed to filter fine dirt and dust particles.
- HEPA-style filter: filters very small particles like spores, mites, pet dander etc. greatly improving air filtration. However, note that this is HEPA-style not 'true HEPA' air filter. Nonetheless, air filtration is very good.
Note: Primary screen and foam filter are washable, while HEPA-style filter is NOT washable. After washing primary screen and foam filter, they must be dried well before assembling them back into the unit. HEPA-style filter can be tapped above the trash can to remove dirt from it.
After some time, filters should be replaced, how often depends on the usage and amount and type of dirt.
Eufy RoboVac 11 - Charging the Unit
Eufy RoboVac 11 is smart robotic vacuum cleaner and when the battery is almost fully discharged, it will find the charging station and charge itself automatically.
In order for the unit to find the charging station, it is recommended to leave 3 feet of empty space on the sides and some 6-7 feet of empty space in front of the charging station.
When the battery is fully depleted, it takes around 5-6 hours to charge it fully again.
One single charge is usually enough for up to 80-100 minutes of continuous application, unless 'Boost Mode' (if available) is used, which can deplete the battery much faster.
Eufy RoboVac 11 is capable of climbing from bare floors onto the carpets (and back) as long as the carpets are not thicker than ~0.6 inches (~15 mm) - thin and firm carpets are not an issue, but thicker and soft carpets and rugs can cause issues and RoboVac can even get stuck.
Also, unit is equipped with various sensors (infrared sensors, bumper sensor, cliff sensors) for determining its position and to avoid bumping into the walls, furniture and other obstacles.
Cliff sensors and dark carpets: cliff sensors should be kept clean in order to function properly, which is very important at homes with stairs. Cliff sensors do their job well, however, they can prevent unit from traversing over carpets with black (or dark) spots and lines.
As additional safety feature, owners of Eufy RoboVac 30 can use boundary strips to prevent the unit from coming near the stairs.
At the moment, Eufy RoboVac vacuums don't use virtual wall or any similar (IR beam) access limiting technology - only RoboVac 30 uses boundary strips.
Note: some users use black duct tape (matte (non-glossy) surface) to limit RoboVac 11, 11+ and 11S range of motion during cleaning. However, this improvisation is not officially supported, especially not with RoboVac 11S which has improved cliff sensors (among other).
Eufy RoboVac 11 Cleaning Modes
Regardless of the model, Eufy RoboVac 11 comes with several cleaning modes:
- auto cleaning: using onboard sensors, RoboVac calculates the room size and optimizes its path by selecting different cleaning modes automatically until cleaning is complete, or until it needs to be recharged. When the BoostIQ feature is enabled (if present), RoboVac automatically increases the suction power if it detects that the stronger suction is required. BoostIQ is commonly used for cleaning carpets and hard-to-sweep messes. Also, the use of BoostIQ reduces the total cleaning time, and increase the noise level. If the noise levels using BoostIQ are not acceptable, BoostIQ can be disabled. BoostIQ is used only in Auto and Single Room cleaning modes.
- spot cleaning: unit cleans a single spot/area using spiral cleaning pattern. Spot cleaning mode is very useful when there is large amount of dirt and debris on the single spot or in the emergencies. In Spot mode, RoboVac stops cleaning after 2 minutes.
- edge cleaning: when the unit detects the wall, RoboVac reduces the speed and follows the wall, cleaning the edge of the wall/floor. In the Edge mode, RoboVac cleans for 20 minutes and then returns to the Charging Base.
- single room cleaning: this mode is used for cleaning a single room. It is important to close the door or vacuum will leave the room and continue to clean for 30 minutes or until the battery is discharged (after which the unit will try to find charging station automatically). Again, one can put dark matte duct tape on the floor to try to prevent the unit from leaving the room, or use boundary strips if you have Eufy RoboVac 30.
- manual mode: using the remote control, user moves the Robovac 11/30 directly over the area that has to be vacuumed.
Eufy RoboVac 11 vs RoboVac 11+ vs RoboVac 11c vs RoboVac 11S
Physically, these are very similar robotic vacuums, but they belong to three generations of Eufy robotic vacuums. Main differences between them are:
- RoboVac 11+ comes with so-called "Power Boost Technology" (BoostIQ 1st generation) which automatically increases suction power when extra vacuuming strength is needed, for example, on the carpets. Nonetheless, maximum suction is the same: 1 kPa of suction. RoboVac 11S comes with the 2nd generation of BoostIQ featuring increased suction with maximum 1300 Pa of suction.
- RoboVac 11+ comes with upgraded 3-Point Cleaning System - rotating brush is redesigned to improve cleaning, and to reduce trapping of the unit.
- RoboVac 11+ also comes with 2 AAA batteries for remote control unit, although some shops sell RoboVac 11 and 11c with those batteries too.
- RoboVac 11+ uses larger air filters which are not compatible with RoboVac 11 and 11c. Robovac 11 and 11c use compatible air filters. Similarly, when buying replacement side brushes and the rolling brush for 11+ model, be sure that those parts are market for 'Plus' model.
- RoboVac 11+ has slightly larger wheels, allowing it to climb higher obstacles and to operate in thicker and softer carpets. However, this difference is small, around perhaps 1-2 mm (~1/10th of an inch).
- RoboVac 11c comes with built-in Wi-Fi allowing the user to control the RoboVac 11c with the EufyHome app and the smartphone,
- using EufyHome app, one can schedule RoboVac 11c vacuuming tasks,
- RoboVac 11c is Wi-FI capable robotic vacuum and it is also Amazon Alexa compatible device, enabling the user to control the unit using voice commands. To use this feature, one must ensure that RoboVac is connected with the EufyHome app, one must have an Alexa-enabled device (which is sold separately) like Amazon Echo, Echo Dot and/or Amazon Tap, and the Alexa app must be already installed on the smart device, and that the user has already created an account - this sounds maybe complicated, but in reality it is relatively easy to set up.
- when compared with older Eufy Robovac 11 models (11, 11c, 11+), Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11s Slim features improved suction and generally improved cleaning including larger dirt bin, it features lower height, improved obstacle and cliff detection, lower noise levels (when BoostIQ is not active), taller climbing threshold, can clean thicker carpets etc. However, Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Slim doesn't feature Wi-Fi connectivity.
During operation, all these units are very quiet, with noise levels around 55-60 dB.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11s Slim vs. Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11s Slim and Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30 are two very similar robotic vacuums, with the main differences being:
- Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30 has stronger suction when BoostIQ is activated - 1500 vs 1300 Pa. The difference is not large, but nonetheless, it is nice improvement.
- Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30 uses boundary strips to prevent the unit from reaching and cleaning certain areas. For example, boundary strips can be used to prevent the RoboVac 30 from exiting the room or going near the cables on the floor or anything similar.
With improved cliff sensors, both RoboVac 11S and 30 have decreased 'false-alarms' because of dark carpets - improvised use of dark matte duck tape is even less reliable method of limiting their range.
Also, RoboVac 30 costs more than RoboVac 11S Slim.
Eufy RoboVac 11 Maintenance
Eufy Robovac 11 is an easy to maintenance robot vacuum cleaner. Maintenance tasks include:
- dirt bin must be emptied manually from time to time, preferably after each use,
- main rotating brush and the side brushes pick various hair which gets entangled around the bristles and must be removed manually,
- primary screen and foam filter must be periodically washed and HEPA-style filter should be tapped onto the trash can to remove as much dirt as possible - even vacuumed using main vacuum cleaner. Change filters from time to time.
Note that periodically one has to clean wheels and sensors from hair and dust, too.
Eufy RoboVac robotic vacuums are easy to set up and use, just be sure to thoroughly read the manual. Eufy RoboVac 11c is slightly more complex machine, but the use of Eufy HomeVac app and Amazon Alexa is not mandatory - unit can be used without it, too. Omitting Wi-Fi connectivity in RoboVac 11S and 30 is not big surprise since many users need simple, but reliable unit that will help with keeping the home clean.
If you are unsure about certain procedures, again, read the manual and feel free to contact Eufy support - they are one of the best companies regarding technical support of their products.
Eufy RoboVac 11 Error Codes
Eufy RoboVac 11 is intelligent unit and can take care of itself, but occasionally, it gets in trouble.
Note: exact error codes can be changed over time, especially if Eufy decides to launch new models.
Here are few important 'Error Codes' that are good to know:
- flashing red indicator light and one beep: unit is hanging over a ledge or it is trapped,
- flashing red indicator light and two beeps: bumper is stuck,
- flashing red indicator light and three beeps: drop sensors are dirty,
- flashing red indicator light and four beeps: power level is too low,
- solid red indicator light and one beep: one of the wheels is jammed,
- solid red indicator light and two beeps: one of the side brushes is jammed,
- solid red indicator light and three beeps: suction fan not working (probably jammed or some similar issue),
- solid red indicator light and four beeps: rolling brush jammed.
For the full list of error tones and signals, check the manual.
Long Story Short: Eufy RoboVac 11, Eufy RoboVac 11+ (or sometimes written Eufy RoboVac 11 Plus), Eufy RoboVac 11c and Eufy Robovac 11S are mid-range, and rather affordable robotic vacuum cleaners. Eufy RoboVac 11S is the newest model and if you need a robot vacuum cleaner that does its job well and it is easy to set up, go for Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Slim.
However, if you need boundary strips to limit cleaning range, consider Eufy BoostIQ Robovac 30.
Note: 'does its job well' means that it is good vacuum, but its features and performances can't be compared with larger and several times more expensive robotic vacuums like Roomba 980 or similar.