Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C Robotic Vacuum Cleaner is the latest robot vacuum cleaner by Eufy Life. Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C is very similar to Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30C, sharing many similarities and differing only in few minor details.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C can be controlled using touch controls on the top of the unit, using IR remote or using EufyHome App. Also, Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C support the use of Amazon Alexa and Google Home Assistant.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C - Features and Specifications
When the unit arrives, the box contains 6.6 feet (~2 m) of boundary strips, remote control (with 2 AAA batteries included), charging/docking base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, extra set of high-performance filters, 4 side brushes, 5 cable ties, and the welcome guide.
Note: although Eufy RoboVac 35C is an easy to use and maintain vacuum cleaner, before the very first use, be sure to read the manual thoroughly.
Eufy RoboVac 35C is lightweight and compact robot vacuum. Its physical dimensions are 12.8 inches (~32.5 cm) in diameter and 2.85 inches (~7.3 cm) in height and it weighs 5.73 pounds (~2.6 kg).
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C comes with the simple navigation system, based on the number of onboard sensors that help the unit avoid floor objects and obstacles while cleaning.
Also, onboard sensors help the RoboVac 35C locate its charging/docking station when the battery is discharged. When setting the charging/docking station, keep in mind that empty space (3 feet on the sides, and 6 feet in front of the station) help the unit locate the station for automatic battery recharge.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C features simple navigation system and advanced options like 'Recharge and Resume' are not available.
During operation, unit is rather quiet, with noise level of around 55 dB, which is quieter than most robot vacuums on the market.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C is an easy to control robot vacuum. It can be controlled via:
- touch controls on top of the unit,
- IR remote control,
- EufyHome App,
- Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
Obviously, Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C is WiFi enabled unit and in order to be controlled via EufyHome App, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control, stable WiFi network must be present at the cleaning location.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C is design for vacuuming bare and carpeted floors, including tiles, laminate, wood, linoleum, low- and medium-pile carpets and other similar surfaces. Eufy RoboVac 35C is designed to easily traverse different surfaces and it is able to climb obstacles (carpets, area rugs, door steps) up to 0.63 inches (1.6 cm) in height.
High-pile carpets and thick area rugs can cause issues due to the insufficient suction for deeply vacuuming of such surfaces and the unit can simply get stuck on soft, thick surfaces.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C uses so-called Triple Cleaning System, based on:
- dual edge brushes that clean sides and edges and channel the debris toward the main brushroll and central suction inlet,
- main brushroll that help pick up dust, dirt, pet and human hair and other debris,
- relatively strong suction in the main suction inlet.
Eufy RoboVac 35C features maximum suction of 1500 Pa, which is much weaker suction when compared with home upright/canister vacuums (up or even more than 20 kPa), but it is still stronger than most robot vacuums on the market and more than strong enough to clean the floors, which it has been designed for.
Note: Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C normally doesn't vacuum using maximum suction. When the RoboVac 35C detects that it is on the carpeted floor, BoostIQ is activated for more thorough cleaning. This feature ensures longer operating time and better cleaning when required.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C can be used for cleaning small and medium size homes and apartments - up to 1292 square feet (~120 m2) on the single battery charge.
Maximum cleaning time on a single battery charge is ~100 minutes and when the BoostIQ is often used, operating time is shortened down to 60-70 minutes, depending how long BoostIQ feature is being used.
When the unit docks with the charging base, its 14.4 volts, 2600 mAh lithium ion battery is automatically recharged - it takes ~5 hours to fully recharge the battery.
Since Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C supports daily cleaning scheduler, 5 hours charging time is not too long. Also, using Quick Cleaning Mode, battery life is prolonged and the charging time shortened.
Note: more on cleaning modes later in this article.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C uses multilayered air filtration system based on: plastic pre-filter, foam air filter and high-efficiency air filter.
Such filtration system ensures good air filtration, but this is not true HEPA air filtration system.
Dirt cup capacity is 0.6 liters which is more than enough for areas that are vacuumed on a daily basis.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C comes with set of sensors that monitor unit's environment, including:
- cliff sensors prevent the unit from falling off the stairs and similar 'cliffs'. When the cliff is detected, unit turns and drives itself away from the obstacle.
- magnetic sensors allow the RoboVac 35C to detect magnetic strips laid down by the user. When the magnetic strip is detected, unit turns and drives itself away.
Note: it is possible to use dark/black matte duct (or similar) tape to 'simulate cliffs' - in theory, cliff sensors send 'falls positive' signals, causing the unit to turn around. But, over time, cliff sensors can get dirty (and they are also improved over the years), so this method is not recommended, especially not for the units that support the use of magnetic strips!
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C Cleaning Modes
When cleaning, Eufy Robovac 35C support several cleaning modes, including:
- automatic cleaning mode is the most common cleaning mode. In this mode, RoboVac optimizes its cleaning path and selects different cleaning modes (Spot, Edge, random) automatically until the cleaning is complete, i.e. until the battery is almost discharged. When the low-battery condition is detected, unit stops with the cleaning and return automatically to the charging base to recharge the battery. When the battery is fully recharged, unit does NOT resume with the cleaning task - it waits another scheduled period to start with the cleaning again.
- spot cleaning mode is used for cleaning areas with more-than-usual amounts of dirt. Unit cleans required area intensively, moving in spiral pattern.
- edge cleaning mode is used for cleaning wall edges. As the unit follows the walls, edge bristles clean the dirt along the wall's edges by pushing it toward the main brushroll and central suction inlet.
- quick cleaning mode or single room cleaning mode is used for vacuuming smaller areas, like single rooms. In this mode, unit cleans for 30 minutes and then returns to the charging base. Since the battery is not fully discharged, this cleaning mode protects the battery and prolongs its operating life.
Note: Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C comes with 12 months limited warranty.
Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C Maintenance
In order for robot vacuums to operate properly, they must be maintained, Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C included.
Most maintenance tasks can be done quickly, but they should be done in a timely fashion. Most important maintenance tasks include:
- dirt bin should be emptied after each use. If the daily schedule is set, then dirt bin must be emptied on a daily basis,
- filters should be cleaned every week and replaced every 2-3 months,
- main brushroll should be cleaned every week, especially if there are people or pets with long hair. Also, it should be replaced every 6-12 months, depending on the use and floor types,
- edge brushes should be cleaned every month and replaced every 3-6 months, depending how worn they are.
Other RoboVac parts like swivel wheel, charging pins, brush guard, sensors and similar, should be cleaned once every month.
Spare parts can be ordered online. Perhaps the best option is to order Eufy RoboVac Replacement Kit (Amazon link, check for most up-to date offers and prices) which contains 4 side brushes, 3 sets of high-performance filters and foam filters, and 1 rolling brush.
Eufy RoboVac Robotic Vacuums Comparisons
Eufy manufactures a series of very similar robotic vacuums, Eufy RoboVac 35C being the latest. These robot vacuums differ in certain details and before the purchase, it is important to know the differences between these models.
The following table lists the Eufy RoboVac vacuums and their main features:
|Model||Eufy RoboVac 11||Eufy RoboVac 11+||Eufy RoboVac 11C Pet||Eufy RoboVac 11S||Eufy RoboVac 12||Eufy RoboVac 15C||Eufy RoboVac 30||Eufy RoboVac 30C||Eufy RoboVac 35C|
|Maximum Suction||1000 Pa||1000 Pa||1200 Pa||1300 Pa||1500 Pa||1300 Pa||1500 Pa||1500 Pa||1500 Pa|
|BoostIQ Technology||No||Yes (1st gen.)||Yes (1st gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)||Yes (2nd gen.)|
|Dirt Cup Capacity||0.55 liters||0.55 liters||0.55 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters||0.6 liters|
|Noise Level||60 dB||60 dB||60 dB||55 dB||55 dB||55 dB||55 dB||55 dB||55 dB|
|Height||3.1 inches||3.1 inches||3.1 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches||2.85 inches|
|Maximum Climb Height||0.59 inches||0.59 inches||0.59 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches||0.63 inches|
|Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant||No||No||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Surface Types||Hard floors, low-pile carpets||Hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets||Hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets||Hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets||Hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets||Hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets||Hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets||Hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets||Hard floors, low- and medium-pile carpets|
|Maximum Cleaning Time||100 min||100 min||100 min||100 min||100 min||100 min||100 min||100 min||100 min|
|Amazon Link||RoboVac 11||RoboVac 11+||RoboVac 11C||RoboVac 11S||RoboVac 12||RoboVac 15C||RoboVac 30||RoboVac 30C||RoboVac 35C|
Note: Amazon links in the table open in the new windows, feel free to check them for most up-to-date offers and prices.
As one can see, Eufy RoboVac 11C, 15C, 30C and 35C are all WiFi enabled units.
Compare the prices:
Eufy RoboVac 30C vs Eufy RoboVac 35C
Eufy RoboVac 30C and Eufy RoboVac 35C are two very similar robot vacuum cleaner units.
Main differences include touch controls on top of the RoboVac 35C body and the simple fact that RoboVac 30C comes with two magnetic boundary strip rolls (for total of 13.2 feet/~4m of magnetic strips) and that RoboVac 35C comes with 'only' one magnetic boundary strip roll (6.6 feet/~2m).
Other that that, these units are practically the same.
Note: if required, additional magnetic boundary strips can be ordered online using Eufy RoboVac Extra Boundary Strip Pack Amazon link (link opens in the new window).
Due to their similarities, these vacuums are often offered at the very similar price - if one of the units is on the sale, that cheaper unit is IMHO recommended.
Long Story Short: Eufy RoboVac 35C is versatile robot vacuum cleaner that will not bust your budget.
It lacks certain features (for example, 'Recharge and Resume', Advanced Navigation System and few more) found on much more expensive vacuums, but for its price, it is well designed, ballanced and very useful cleaning aid that will help you keep your home cleaner and safer to live.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 35C Amazon link (link opens in the new window).