Deik ZB1516 2-In-1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Deik ZB1516 is cordless, bagless, convertible vacuum cleaner. It easily converts from upright/stick vacuum cleaner into the handheld unit. Thanks to the wand, cleaning power head, crevice tool and upholstery cleaning tool, it can be used for cleaning various floor types and other surfaces commonly found at home.
Deik ZB1516 is very light unit. In upright/stick mode it weighs around 4.7 pounds (~2.1 kg) and in handheld mode even less.
Thanks to the lightweight design and swivel mechanism, it maneuver easily across various floors and around the objects.
ZB1516 cordless vacuum is powered using 21.6V (22.2V) 2000 mAh lithium ion battery. Depending on the used cleaning attachment and state of the battery, unit can operate some 20-25 minutes on a single charge.
When being fully discharged, it takes some 5 hours to fully charge the battery. For few first charges, it is recommended to charge the battery for up to 12h.
To get accustomed to your new unit, be sure to thoroughly read the manual/instruction that came with the unit.
Note: some sites advertise this vacuum to be powered with 21.6V battery, while other sites claim that it has 22.2V battery. This unit comes with lithium ion battery containing 6 cells. Each cell has 3.6V normal charge and 3.7V when being fully charged and that is the difference between 21.6 and 22.2V.
Battery is charged only when being placed in the vacuum itself. Charger supports various input voltages: 100-240V, 50-60 Hz.
Deik ZB1516 comes with wall mount. It is very convenient way to store the vacuum and keep it close - this way it can be used quickly when required. Since Deik ZB1516 is not self-standing unit, wall mount is preferred way of storing the unit.
Maximum power of the built-in motor is 43.2W and IMHO, it could be stronger.
Maximum suction created by this motor is 7 kPa, which is actually good for such unit, but larger home vacuums create easily 20-25 kPa of suction with much larger air volume.
Nonetheless, suction is good enough to do quick cleanups and to clean in emergencies.
Note: this vacuum is designed for dry dirt only.
Main cleaning power head comes with motorized brush bar which helps with cleaning both bare and carpeted floors. Brush is gentle and can be used on hardwood floors, as well. Motorized brush bar can't be turned off, but user having really sensitive floors can simply remove the rotating brush bar. Just for sure, test the rotating brush bar on a small floor area.
Power head is ~9.25 inches (~23.4 cm) wide and is narrow enough to be able to maneuver around various objects on the floor and low enough to easily glide under the beds and other furniture. 9.25 inches width is enough to allow the user to clean large area quickly, but suction could be better, especially when cleaning carpets and rugs - it is better to clean any surfaces with slower, smooth motion of the power head than to make several rapid passes.
Since one battery charge is enough for ~20 minutes of operation, this unit can clean smaller home or apartment on a single charge, if the dirt is not too tough for its strength and cleaning tools.
If more than battery is required, spare battery can be ordered online and used when required.
Note: battery is easily removed from the unit - no need to disassemble the unit using plenty of tools.
- hardwood floors, tiles and similar surfaces - great, lightweight vacuum.
- low-pile carpets - good vacuum, but suction could be better. For thorough cleaning, stronger vacuum would do better job.
- high-pile carpets and thick rugs - acceptably good for quick cleanups and in emergencies. For thorough cleaning, stronger vacuum is highly recommended.
- delicate and sensitive floors - remove motorized brush bar and clean required area. To thoroughly clean smaller sensitive areas, upholstery tool can be used, too.
For cleaning in low light conditions, Deik ZB1516 comes with LED headlights.
Dirt bin is transparent and it allows the user to see type and amount of picked dirt. Maximum capacity of dirt bin is 0.4 liters and is enough for most quick cleanups.
Unit is designed not to lose suction regardless of the amount of the dirt in the dirt cup, as long as the dirt is below 'Maximum Fill Line'.
Dirt bin is emptied from bellow, allowing the user to empty it without making a mess - unless the dirt bin is emptied few feet above the trash can :)
Air filtration is good and it is done using mechanical, washable filters. Manufacturer states that the unit has HEPA level of air filtration, but it doesn't state which HEPA level.
Deik ZB1516 Cleaning Accessories
Deik ZB1516 comes with two additional cleaning tools:
- Crevice Tool is designed for cleaning narrow and tight areas, along the baseboards, in the corners and similar hard-to-reach areas.
- Upholstery Tool is often referred as '2-in-1' tool. It can be used as soft dusting brush for cleaning delicate areas - as the brushes agitate dust and other small particles, air flow remove them off the surface into the vacuum cleaner. As an upholstery tool, it can be used for cleaning upholstery, furniture and other similar surfaces commonly found at homes.
Deik ZB1516 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum vs. Deik EV-660 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum
Both Deik ZB1516 and Deik EV-660 are 2-in-1 convertible vacuum cleaners - they can easily be converted from upright/stick into the handheld units, when required.
Main similarities and differences between these two models are:
- Deik EV-660 comes with 110W motor, while Deik ZB1516 comes with 43W motor,
- Deik EV-660 has two suction settings (low and high), while Deik ZB1516 has only one power setting,
- lithium-ion batteries are of the same voltage (22.2V), but EV-660's battery has sightly larger capacity (2.2 vs 2 Ah),
- maximum suction pressure is the same - 7 kPa,
- cleaning width of EV-660 model is narrower (6.7 inches vs 9.25 inches),
- Deik EV-660 is somewhat heavier in upright mode (~5.1 vs 4.7 pounds),
- Deik EV-660 has larger dirt bin (0.5 vs 0.4 liters),
- Deik EV-660 has longer operating time on a single charge using 'Low' power settings (30 minutes vs 20-25 minutes). However, when 'High' power setting is used, its operating time is, at least, halved.
Both Deik ZB1516 and Deik EV-660 are similarly priced items, and which one costs more, often depends if they can be found on sale or not.
In many situations, user's personal preferences dictate which one is preferred choice.
Long Story Short - Deik ZB1516 2-In-1 Cordless Vacuum is popular and versatile cordless vacuum cleaner. Its suction could be improved, especially for cleaning thicker rugs and carpets, but generally it is very good unit to be used as the second vacuum cleaner at home and apartment for quick cleanups between regular cleaning with the main vacuum cleaner. Also, it is very good as the emergency vacuum - people with pets and kids will appreciate the speed at which it can be used.
For the the best offers, check Deik 2-In-1 Cordless Vacuum Amazon link (link opens in the new window).