Bissell 1986 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner
Bissell 1986 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner is strong and sturdy carpet cleaner, designed for people with large carpeted floor areas who have the need to regularly clean their carpets thoroughly, especially people with pets and kids.
Bissell 1986 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro comes with several, very important features like two cleaning modes, additional cleaning hose, separated clean/dirt water tanks, 2-in-1 pet upholstery tool, Heatwave technology etc.
Bissell 1986 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Features and Specifications
Bissell 1986 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro is designed for cleaning carpets, stairs, upholstery and similar surfaces.
When used with 'Bare Floor Tool', it can be even used for cleaning of the bare floors, resistant to cleaning with cleaners/washers like Bissell 1986 which uses water, cleaning solutions, rotating brush, heat for drying etc. For short, it can be used for cleaning tiles, marble and similar floor types.
Note: 'Bare Floor Tool' doesn't come by default and it must be ordered separately.
Bissell 1986 is powered via 25 feet (~7.6 m) long power cable and during operation, it requires 6.8 Amps.
Unit doesn't feature automatic power cord rewind system - its power cable is stored wrapped around the cable wrap hooks.
Bissell 1986 features two separate tanks, one for clean water and cleaning formula and another one for dirty water. Clean water tank capacity is 1 gallon.
Although it doesn't feature water heater, use of warm water is recommended to improve cleaning performances.
Note: water temperature should be up to, but not more than 140°F/60°C, if the carpets that are about to be cleaned tolerate such temperature - if unsure, use room temperature water. Never, but really never use hot, boiling water or anything similar.
Bissell 1986 doesn't feature direct water heater, but it comes with Bissell's HeatWave technology - basically, unit keeps warm clean water/cleaning solution, rotating brush and in the end, cleaned surface to help with the cleaning and to speed up drying of the cleaned surfaces.
Bissell 1986 comes with many features and in order to use the unit properly, be sure to thoroughly read the manual/instructions - this is not hard-to-use unit, but it is carpet cleaner/washer and not ordinary carpet vacuum cleaner.
Maximum cleaning width is 11 inches (~28 cm), allowing the user to clean rather large area relatively quickly. We say 'relatively quickly' since quality and speed of cleaning depend on the carpet thickness, cleaning mode and similar.
To help with the cleaning of floor edges, stairs and upholstery, both main cleaning foot and 2-in-1 upholstery tool come with the edge bristles.
Brush system is based on the 12 row dual 'DirtLifter' power brushes. Such system enables the cleaning of low-, medium- and high-pile carpets, area rugs and similar surfaces, helping to remove deeply embedded dirt and stubborn stuck-on messes and dirt.
Bissell 1986 doesn't feature brush on/off switch.
Main cleaning head has relatively low profile and is able to reach under most sofas and beds for deep and thorough cleaning.
Bissell 1986 weighs 19 pounds (~8.61 kg) with empty tanks. Despite its weight (and there are even heavier similar units on the market), Bissell 1986 is easy to maneuver unit, thanks to the large wheels - most of the unit's weight rests directly on the floor.
Transparent brush roll cover is removable, giving the user easy access to the brush rolls and brush cover, helping the user to easily clean and maintain the unit.
Bissell 1986 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Carpet Cleaner features two cleaning modes:
- Deep Clean Mode is used for cleaning the carpets thoroughly using larger amount of cleaning solution and more cleaning passes. Drying time depends on the air temperature, air flow, air moisture, carpet thickness etc, but generally it takes hours for the carpet to be ready to be used again. When using Deep Clean Mode, be sure that the carpets are placed on the surface that tolerate moisture well, like tiles and similar. Cleaning carpets in this mode that are placed on the wooden or similar floors can, over time, damage sensitive floors with cracks in their finish.
- Express Clean Mode is used for cleaning the carpets that must be used quickly after cleaning. In this mode, less cleaning solution is used, with more dry passes for additional moisture removal.
Note: Again, read the manual thoroughly. At first, it sounds complicated, but in real life one gets accustomed rather quickly to carpet cleaners/washers, especially to models like Bissell's 1986 model.
Unit also features so-called CleanShot Pretreater. It is an integrated, foot activated pretreater for additional treating of stains and spots, which are then cleaned better than with deep cleaning mode alone.
Bissell 1986 comes with 5 year limited warranty.
Bissell 1986 Cleaning Attachments
Bissell 1986 comes with 8 feet (~2.44 m) long cleaning hose and two additional cleaning tools:
- 3 inches (~7.6 cm) Tough Stain Tool is designed for cleaning tough and stubborn messes on elevated surfaces, like stairs and similar. Using Bissell's cleaning formulas for pretreating and cleaning, significantly speed-up cleaning process.
- 2-in-1 Pet Upholstery Tool is designed for cleaning beds, sofas, upholstery, stairs and similar surfaces by removing deeply embedded pet and human hair and other dirt and debris. It features two cleaning modes: dry mode and wet mode. In dry mode, 2-in-1 tool vacuums pet hair and other dry debris, and stores the mess in its own dry tank for easier disposal - after the cleaning, surface is dry and can be used right away. In wet mode, it cleans the surfaces using cleaning solution. Cleaning solution helps with the cleaning of stubborn dirt, but the surfaces is left slightly moist/wet and it needs some time to thoroughly dry.
Bissell 1986 Cleaning Formulas
To help with the carpet cleaning, Bissell 1986 comes with trial size of Professional Pet Urine Eliminator + Oxy and Pet Stain & Odor Antibacterial Carpet Formula.
Bissell's Professional Pet Urine Eliminator + Oxy formula is one of the best cleaning formulas for cleaning and removing pet odors and stains. This formula includes Oxy, which breaks down spots and stains for more effective stubborn stains removal.
Bissell's Pet Stain & Odor Antibacterial Carpet Formula is designed to clean and control odor-causing bacteria in the carpets. Antibacterial formula deeply cleans and controls odor-causing bacteria and eliminates odors at the source, leaving carpets clean and refreshed.
There are other Bissell's cleaning formulas on the market, often formulated for different types of surfaces and types of dirt. Bissell recommends the use of their cleaning formulas with their carpet cleaners, just like any other manufacturer.
Some of their cleaning formulas include:
- Bissell 1990 Pro Pet Urine Eliminator Upright Deep Cleaner Formula
- Bissell 78H6B Deep Clean Pro 2X Deep Cleaning Concentrated Carpet Shampoo,
- Bissell 2515 Professional Deep Cleaning with Febreze Freshness Spring,
- Bissell 67A5 2X Professional Pet Urine Eliminator, etc.
Some of the cleaning formulas can be found in the for of cleaning kits, saving the money in the long run.
Although Bissell 1986 comes with integrated CleanShot Pretreater, really stubborn stains, if required can and should be manually pretreated using pretreat formulas, like:
- Oxy Stain Destroyer,
- Pet Stain PreTreat,
- Pet PreTreat + Sanitize.
Pretreat sprays are formulated to clean the stains on their own within 30 seconds - in theory. In real life they significantly help remove stains from grass, mud, blood, pet 'accident' stains and similar, just be sure to use pretreat and other cleaning formulas as instructed by their manufacturer!
When used as instructed, they are safe for pets and kids.
Bissell 1986 Maintenance
Bissell 1986 is not maintenance-free carpet cleaner. Maintenance tasks include, among other things:
- filling the clean water tank with clean water and cleaning formula,
- emptying the dirty liquid tank,
- flushing and rinsing the machine after the use,
- cleaning the brush roll and nozzle,
- replacing the belts and brush rolls (when required), etc.
All these tasks can be done quickly, just be sure to follow the instructions in the manual.
Bissell Carpet Cleaners Comparison
Bissell manufactures several carpet cleaners that are rather similar in certain details.
The following table lists four very popular models and their features and specifications:
|Model||ProHeat Essential Upright Carpet Cleaner (1887)||ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Upright Carpet Cleaner (1548)||ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Carpet Cleaner (1986)||ProHeat 2X Lift-Off Pet Upright Carpet Cleaner (15651)|
|Weight||20 pounds||18 pounds||19 pounds||25 pounds|
|Power Cord||22 feet||22 feet||25 feet||22 feet|
|Cleaning Hose||7 feet||7 feet||8 feet||6 feet|
|On-Board Portable Deep Cleaner||No||No||No||Yes|
|One Hour Dry Time||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|Removable Brush Roll Cover||No||No||Yes||No|
|Cleaning Tools||Spraying Crevice Tool, 3" Tough Stain Tool||3" Tough Stain Tool, Pet Stain Tool||3" Tough Stain Tool, 2-in-1 Pet Upholstery Cleaning Tool||3" Tough Stain Tool, Spraying Crevice Tool|
|Cleaning Formulas Included||Professional Deep Cleaning Formula||Deep Clean + Antibacterial Formula, Professional Deep Cleaning Formula||Professional Pet Urine Eliminator + Oxy, Pet Stain & Odor + Antibacterial Formula||Professional Formula and Deep Clean + Antibacterial Formula|
|Warranty||2-Year Limited||3-Year Limited||5-Year Limited||3-Year Limited|
|Amazon Link||Bissell 1887||Bissell 1548||Bissell 1986||Bissell 15651|
Note: Amazon affiliate links open in the new windows, feel free to check them for the latest offers and prices.
Bissell 1986 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Carpet Cleaner comes with the longest power cord, longest cleaning hose, set of very usable cleaning tools including 2-in-1 Pet Upholstery Cleaning Tool (only model with this tool), two very popular and useful cleaning formulas etc. Also, it has the longest warranty period of 5 years.
Long Story Short: if you are looking for a good carpet cleaner/washer/shampooer because you have carpeted areas that require regular and thorough cleaning, consider Bissell 1986 - there are cheaper models on the market, but it is very popular model, well worth its price. What matters in the end is that it gets its job done.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Bissell 1986 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner Amazon link (link opens in the new window).