Eufy RoboVac 11, RoboVac 11+ and RoboVac 11c Robotic Vacuum Cleaners - Reviews and Comparison
Eufy RoboVac 11, RoboVac 11+ and RoboVac 11c Robotic Vacuum Cleaners are very popular mid-range robotic vacuum cleaners. They are suitable for cleaning bare floors and low-pile carpets, have good suction and air filtration, decent size dirt bin. Also, they are lightweight units and should they get lost around the house, they are easy to return to the charging station. With their low profile, they can clean easily under sofas and beds.
Eufy RoboVac 11 designed is improved RoboVac 10, which was one of the most popular robot vacuum cleaners back in 2016.
Eufy RoboVac 11, Eufy RoboVac 11+ and Eufy RoboVac 11c are very similar and they share many features. Also, there are certain differences between them, especially latest Eufy RoboVac 11c comes with few very important improvements.
When purchased, different models include:
- Eufy RoboVac 11: Eufy RoboVac 11, remote control (which requires 2 AAA batteries, and they are not included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, high-performance filter, 4 side brushes, welcome guide/manual.
- Eufy RoboVac 11+: Eufy RoboVac 11+, remote control (which requires 2 AAA batteries, and they are actually included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, extra set of high-performance filters, extra set of side brushes, welcome guide/manual.
- Eufy RoboVac 11c: Eufy RoboVac 11c, remote control (which requires 2 AAA batteries, and they are not included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, high-performance filter, 4 side brushes, welcome guide/manual.
All three models come with 1 year warranty, which is acceptable in this price range.
Eufy RoboVac 11 can be considered as 'base' model, with 11+ and 11c offering certain improvements.
Physical dimensions of these vacuums are height: 3.1 inch (~79 mm), width: 13 inches (~33 cm), depth: 12.8 inches (132.5 cm) and weight: 4.1 pounds (~1.86 kg).
Eufy RoboVac 11 models use a 3-Point Cleaning System consisting of the side brushes, a rotating brush and a vacuum suction:
- the side brushes are designed to clean corners and edges, leaving no area uncleaned, at least in theory - they push the dirt and debris from sides toward the center of the unit, where dirt and dust gets picked up by central rotating brush and vacuum suction.
- a central rotating brush loosens the dirt from the hard floors and low-pile carpets, improving the cleaning effect.
- vacuum suction removes the dirt off the floor into the dirt bin.
Maximum suction of all three models is 1 kPa (1000 Pa), which is far below large home heavy duty vacuums that develop easily 15-20 kPa of suction. However, 1 kPa of suction in combination with side brushes and central rotating brush does a good job - enough for Eufy RoboVac to be one of the most popular robot vacuums, but not enough to replace regular cleaning with the main vacuum cleaner.
Air filtration is based on three mechanical air filters:
- primary screen: it filters large objects and human and pet hair, protecting foam filter from sharp objects.
- foam filter: it is designed to filter fine dirt and dust particles.
- HEPA-style filter: filters very small particles like spores, mites, pet dander etc. greatly improving air filtration. However, note that this is HEPA-style not 'true HEPA' air filter. Nonetheless, air filtration is very good.
Note: Primary screen and foam filter are washable, while HEPA-style filter is NOT washable. After washing primary screen and foam filter, they must be dried well before assembling them back into the unit. HEPA-style filter can be tapped above the trash can to remove dirt from it.
After some time, filters should be replaced, how often depends on the usage and amount and type of dirt.
Eufy RoboVac 11 - Charging the Unit
Eufy RoboVac 11 is smart robotic vacuum cleaner and when the battery is almost fully discharged, it will find the charging station and charge itself automatically.
In order for the unit to find the charging station, it is recommended to leave 3 feet of empty space on the sides and 6 feet of empty space in front of the charging station.
When the battery is fully depleted, it takes around 5-6 hours to charge it back again.
One single charge is usually enough for up to 80-100 minutes of continuous application, unless 'Boost Mode' is used, which can deplete the battery much faster.
Eufy RoboVac 11 is capable of climbing from bare floors onto the carpets (and back) as long as the carpets are not thicker than 0.4 - 0.6 inches (10-15 mm) - thin and firm carpets are not an issue, but thicker and soft carpets and rugs can cause issues and RoboVac can even get stuck.
Also, unit is equipped with various sensors (11 infrared sensors, bumper sensor, cliff sensors) for determining its position and to avoid bumping into the walls, furniture and other obstacles.
Cliff sensors and dark carpets: cliff sensors should be kept clean in order to function properly, which is very important at homes with stairs. Cliff sensors do their job well, however, they can prevent unit from traversing over carpets with black (or dark) spots and lines.
In that case, the only real solution is to remove such carpet. But, Eufy RoboVac 11 doesn't have 'lighthouses' or 'magnetic stripe' options to prevent unit from going where it shouldn't. So, some users use black duct tape (matte (non-glossy) surface) to limit unit's range of motion during cleaning.
This improvisation is not officially supported (at least not yet :) ), but it mostly works very well.
Eufy RoboVac 11 Cleaning Modes
Regardless of the model, Eufy RoboVac 11 comes with several cleaning modes:
- auto cleaning: using onboard sensors, RoboVac calculates the room size and optimizes its path by selecting different cleaning modes automatically until cleaning is complete, or until it needs to be recharged.
- spot cleaning: unit cleans a single spot/area using spiral cleaning pattern. Spot cleaning mode is very useful when there is large amount of dirt and debris on the single spot or in the emergencies.
- edge cleaning: when the unit detects the wall, RoboVac reduces the speed and follows the wall, cleaning the edge of the wall/floor.
- single room cleaning: this mode is used for cleaning a single room. It is important to close the door or vacuum will leave the room and continue to clean until the battery is discharged (after which the unit will try to find charging station automatically). Or one can put matte dark duct tape on the floor to prevent the unit from leaving the room - again, this is not officially supported method for confining the RoboVac 11 to a single room!
- max cleaning: maximum suction mode is very useful when floors are very dirty and on carpets. Max cleaning mode discharges the the battery faster, but it also reduces the number of required passes to clean certain area.
- manual mode: using the remote control, user moves the Robovac 11 directly over the area that has to be vacuumed.
Eufy RoboVac 11 vs RoboVac 11+ vs RoboVac 11c
Physically, these are almost the same vacuums. Main differences between them are:
- RoboVac 11+ comes with so-called "Power Boost Technology" which automatically increases suction power when extra vacuuming strength is needed, for example, on the carpets. Nonetheless, maximum suction is the same: 1 kPa of suction.
- RoboVac 11+ comes with upgraded 3-Point Cleaning System - rotating brush is redesigned to improve cleaning, and to reduce trapping of the unit.
- RoboVac 11+ also comes with 2 AAA batteries for remote control unit, although some shops sell RoboVac 11 and 11c with those batteries too.
- RoboVac 11+ uses larger air filters which are not compatible with RoboVac 11 and 11c. Robovac 11 and 11c use compatible air filters. Similarly, when buying replacement side brushes and the rolling brush for 11+ model, be sure that those parts are market for 'Plus' model.
- RoboVac 11+ has slightly larger wheels, allowing it to climb higher obstacles and to operate in thicker and softer carpets. However, this difference is small, around perhaps 1-2 mm (~1/10th of an inch).
- RoboVac 11c comes with built-in Wi-Fi allowing the user to control the RoboVac 11c with the EufyHome app and the smartphone,
- using EufyHome app, one can schedule RoboVac 11c vacuuming tasks,
- RoboVac 11c is Amazon Alexa compatible device, enabling the user to control the unit using voice commands. To use this feature, one must ensure that RoboVac is connected with the EufyHome app, one must an Alexa-enabled device (which is sold separately) like Amazon Echo, Echo Dot and/or Amazon Tap, and that the Alexa app is already installed on the smart device, and that the user has already created an account - this sounds maybe complicated, but in reality it is relatively easy to set up.
During operation, all three units are very quiet, with noise levels around 60 dB.
Eufy RoboVac 11 Maintenance
Eufy Robovac 11 is an easy to maintenance robot vacuum cleaner. Maintenance tasks include:
- dirt bin must be emptied manually from time to time,
- main rotating brush and the side brushes pick various hair which gets entangled around the bristles and must be removed manually,
- primary screen and foam filter must be periodically washed and HEPA-style filter should be tapped onto the trash can to remove as much dirt as possible - even vacuumed using main vacuum cleaner. Change filters from time to time.
Eufy RoboVac 11 and 11+ are simple robotic vacuums to set up and use, just be sure to thoroughly read the manual. Eufy RoboVac 11c is slightly more complex machine, but the use of Eufy HomeVac app and Amazon Alexa is not mandatory - unit ca be used without it, too.
If you are unsure about certain procedures, again, read the manual and feel free to contact Eufy support - they are one of the best companies regarding technical support of their products.
Eufy RoboVac 11 Error Codes
Eufy RoboVac 11 is intelligent unit and can take care of itself, but occasionally, it gets in trouble.
Note: exact error codes can be changed over time, especially if Eufy decides to launch new models.
Here are few important 'Error Codes' that are good to know:
- flashing red indicator light and one beep: unit is hanging over a ledge or it is trapped,
- flashing red indicator light and two beeps: bumper is stuck,
- flashing red indicator light and three beeps: drop sensors are dirty,
- flashing red indicator light and four beeps: power level is too low,
- solid red indicator light and one beep: one of the wheels is jammed,
- solid red indicator light and two beeps: one of the side brushes is jammed,
- solid red indicator light and three beeps: suction fan not working (probably jammed or some similar issue),
- solid red indicator light and four beeps: rolling brush jammed.
Long Story Short: Eufy RoboVac 11, Eufy RoboVac 11+ (or sometimes written Eufy RoboVac 11 Plus) and Eufy RoboVac 11c are mid-range, rather affordable robotic vacuum cleaners. Eufy RoboVac 11+ is newer model than Eufy RoboVac 11 and if one needs robot vacuum cleaner that does its job acceptably good and is easy to set up, go for Eufy RoboVac 11+ ('Eufy RoboVac 11 Plus').
Note: 'acceptably good' means that it is good vacuum, but its features performances can't be compared with larger and several times more expensive robotic vacuums like Roomba 980 or similar.
On the other hand, if you like features like Wi-Fi connectivity, Amazon Alexa compatibility, go for Eufy RoboVac 11c model. None of these models can replace main vacuum cleaner, but are excellent aid for in-between cleanings.